This course will equip you with the knowledge to make authentically appropriate choices about language that supports equity and respect for all, discuss how language can be used as a tool and as a weapon and mine the gap between the ideal and the actual when responding to instances of cultural appropriation in real world situations
This training will help you:
- Know how to make choices regarding language that honor the culture of historically, intentionally and traditionally marginalized people groups and further equity work
- Understand cultural appropriation and how to engage with other cultures respectfully
- Become aware of the ways in which we would ideally respond to cultural appropriation and to put words and actions to how you will actually respond in moments where cultural appropriation and language weaponization is occurring
This program is designed for Corporate, Nonprofit, and Mission-Based Organizations that are seeking to maximize their impact, increase their awareness, and cultivate better practices individually and within their organization to become more just by utilizing equitable and inclusive approaches.
Weaponizing Language Training Course includes:
- 1 Video Training Lesson
- A Comprehensive Guide to developing skills to be culturally agile, personally and vocationally
- Strategic “Get Curious” Objectives and Essential Questions
- PDF Downloadable Worksheets
- BONUS: Reflection Template and Training Transcripts
Accessibility: To meet the accessibility needs of our learners we’ve provided close captions and transcriptions for each of our video courses.
CLICK THE LINK TO ENROLL TODAY!